Saturday, September 19, 2009

The nth Harmonic

MUSIC, to me is that thing, that makes me want to sit in a comfortable position in a dark room and forget about the whole world. It’s that which makes me want to dance on the terrace and look at people incredulously and think ‘they aren’t listening to what I am listening and boy, are they missing out on something’. Music is what I like to associate my moods and my thoughts (the named and the unnamed ones) with. It gets me high and gets me low. This time, the artists featured are my personal favourites. Best served with a long journey and a window seat!

Moby:  This man, nicknamed after his ancestral relationship with the author of Moby Dick, is one of the most critically praised international Techno artists. Moby, who is currently working from his bedroom-converted-studio, has been so successful that every single song of his, from the album Play was licensed to advertisements, movies and TV shows.
Writer’s picks: Extreme ways (Bourne Ultimatum soundtrack), Flower (Gone in 60 seconds soundtrack), God moving over the face of the waters.
John Mayer: From being the guy who worked at a gas station to earn money to get his first guitar, John Mayer has come a long way to become the man who has a guitar model named after him. Multi-talented blues-rock artist, Mayer, is as acclaimed for his song-writing and guitar-skills as he is for his singing.
Writer’s picks: Slow dancing in a burning room, Clarity, Stop this train.
Evanescence: Described as a rock band with various influences in metal, classical music and electronica, Evanescence shot to fame with its haunting music, ruling the charts for a long time with singles like ‘Bring me to Life’ and ‘My Immortal’.
Writer’s picks: Hello, Everybody’s fool.
Dido:  The unforgettable voice and the superb song-writing abilities of Dido have contributed significantly to her being respected in the Alternative Rock crowd. A review can’t do justice to her. One just has to “listen” to Dido.
Writer’s picks: Hunter, Isobel, Sand in my shoes.
Shania Twain: The seasoned Canadian country singer, who renamed herself “Shania” meaning “on my way” in Ojibwa, has charmed lots of people all over the world with her portrayal of life, through her songs.
Writer’s picks: You’re still the one, That don’t impress me much, Ka-ching!


-Swati Khare (IV Btech Biotech)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP